Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ballantine's Championship Taiwan


Fortunate to get an exemption to play the Ballantine's Championship in Taiwan, I departed on a Tuesday, August 23rd.  I'll admit, its either I've been lazy to write blogs or I've had no time to write them. That's why, almost a month later and I'm writing about my trip to Taiwan.  I wouldn't want to leave any stone or adventure for that matter unturned so here's how it went.

Prior to the start of the tournament, I got a practice round with Temyo Murakami on Tuesday:
Posing before teeing off on the first hole


Wednesday was a tour day of the city of Taipei.  Riva arrived early in the afternoon in time for Ryan, her and myself to make it to the city for a late afternoon/evening tour.  Take a look first when she arrived as we made a video commentary of the hotel room.

More pictures below from Taipei 101, second tallest building in the world and the rest of the city below:

The tournament began on Thursday, shot rounds of 72-77 to make the cut on the number. I was thrilled to make my first cut as a pro abroad.  It was a challenging day on the greens. 35 putts too many but what I'll remember is the 25 footer on the last hole I made for birdie to make it on the number.

Thinking that it would be all uphill from there. The weekend turned out to be a struggle.  83 on Saturday then on Sunday, something twitched on my back muscle that I couldn't even bend down after this occurred on the 12th hole.  I never had to withdraw of felt like withdrawing from a tournament before but this was an exception. The pain of bending down to a golf posture was unbearable so I was left with no choice but to call it off.

I flew back that Sunday evening in pain of even carrying my luggage. Hoping it was something temporary, I still planned to leave for Cebu the next day to get ready for the tournament that was going to begin on Wednesday.












No comments:

Post a Comment