Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Yoga Fitness


Written: October 15, 2011
            There are two ways I know of how to stay fit.  One is to eat healthy and the other is to go to the gym.  By gym I mean the usual cardio workout, stretching, and weight lifting.  Recently, I was introduced to another form of fitness training thanks to Misha’s persuasion to go with Olga and her to join in her yoga class.
            This one and a half hour session was unlike any type of fitness workout I had ever been.  You needed only a mat and to follow the instructor explain the positions of each yoga pose.  The room was hot and I mean steaming hot.  36 degrees Celsius and extremely humid.  The sweat poured down the very minute I stepped in.  Now I knew why all the guys had their shirts off even before coming into the classroom.  I had mine off 5 minutes later. 
Much of the poses targeted both flexibility and core strength.  At the same time, the instructor teaches you breathing exercises as if you’re meditating.  It’s a whole sensual and calming experience on top of the workout itself.
Final verdict: Yoga is a great exercise for golf.  One may supplement their strength training in the gym with their core and flexibility training from Yoga.
            Check out videos over here.

            Here's a link which explains how golfers would benefit from yoga:
           http://www.yogajournal.com/lifestyle/194 

No comments:

Post a Comment