Tuesday, April 10, 2012

ADT Johor 2012 Practice Round and Post Game




April 10, 2012
ADT Johor Masters Rewind
            From April 2-7, 2012, my buddies Ryan Lam, Chuck Hong and I traveled to Malaysia to play the 2nd leg of the Asian Developmental Tour event of the year.  Having missed the cut by a shot at last month’s ADT event, I was ready to up my game a bit and hope for more luck.  In addition, the confidence I gained last week from a 70-71 finish was seeping over to this event.
            This would be the first event of my ICTSI sponsored career that they, from now on, would be supporting the airfare as well as some allowance for the trip.  Indeed fortunate to have a generous sponsor like ICTSI in the Philippines that helps many of the professional golfers not only on the local circuit but also to travel.
            After two rounds of golf, I would end up missing the cut by two shots despite the effort on the second round to make up ground. What really got me was the first round after shooting a 6 over 78, it put me behind the eight ball and made me scramble to make the cut.  The important thing is to have a good attitude of acceptance no matter the outcome and remain positive about the experience.  There will be many more chances. 
            More posts to come! Next up, PGT Baguio April 18-20!

No comments:

Post a Comment