Friday, April 6, 2012

PGT Splendido Pre-Round and Post Game



About a week and a half ago, March 27th to be exact, I was on the way to Tagaytay for the first leg of the full field Philippine Pro Golf Tour event of the year. As usual, I do my pre-round videos in the car, on the way to the course or the lodging.

It turned out to be a thrilling week albeit the less than cooperative weather.  The first day proved to be a challenge and after going 11 over par during the first 10 holes, all seemed to have been lost.  After finishing up that round under par in the last 8 holes, I found myself at 65th place with an 82.

The second and final round, I found my stride as the swing felt better and better as the week went on.  Closing rounds of 70-71.  Not only allowing me to make the cut, but to vault up to a tie for 18th place and a lot of confidence heading into the next event in Malaysia, the ADT Johor Masters.

Congrats to Miguel Tabuena for picking up his first win of his pro career by coming back to shoot 66 on the final round.

'Till next time! The journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment