Thursday, May 10, 2012

ASEAN Laos 3rd Round


May 5, 2012

Well, today if I focus on the positives, I hit the driver extremely well. Long and straight. Yet from the middle of the fairway, where I had approach shots into the green, I couldn't quite find the green. Consequently, I was trying to save par a couple times but 5 times, I made bogey.  When the bogies pile up, well, there's no chance for under par. At least there were three birdies sprinkled in there.
That's how it goes. You do some things well, you do some things poorly and they all add up to this game called golf.  The beauty of it is the challenge. So after getting a quick lunch, I set off to the range along with Quino, Glenn, and Jet who came to practice as well. We practiced mostly ball striking on the range the entire afternoon and I figured out stuff. Little swing mechanics that work and of course, you can't overlook the repetition. So despite the 40th or so position, I'm quite optimistic about tomorrow's round to see what it brings.
Three rounds of 75-73-74.  Looking forward to making something happen tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment