Thursday, August 18, 2011

PGT Del Monte 1st Round


Written: August 17, 2011
            The tee time for the 1st round would be the 2nd wave.  Because of the later tee time, I was again able to sleep soundly and get more than 9 hours of rest for the second straight night in a row.  Boy does it feel good when your body is telling you that it’s rested and ready to go.
            With the slightest of lower back pains still lingering, I made sure to employ the routine stretches as well as several more that I found online which if done religiously as noted, it could help relieve the pain.  But once I got to the range and started hitting balls long and straight, any thought of pain went away.  You see, for golfers and athletes, pain only comes when they start playing bad but when their performance is good, they never think one bit of the pain.  It’s more of a mental thing really.
            I had a good pairing with Mars Pucay and Eddie Salvador at 10:40am to start at the back nine.  Slow to start off the round, I posted two bogeys in the first  six holes offset by only one birdie.  Once I got things squared away, I made just one bogey and two birdies in the final twelve holes for an up and down but pretty steady for the most part even par round of 72.  The regained confidence in the ball striking is looking promising while the putting stroke remains flawless.  If at one point they all start firing at all cylinders, then watch out! Tomorrow, teeing off at 6:40am.


No comments:

Post a Comment