Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Philippine Open Pre-Tournament

            Sitting in my room on the eve of the Philippine Open.  By “my room” I mean for a rare instance, not a hotel room.  My grandparent’s place here in Greenhills is only about 5-10 minutes away from the course.  Pretty convenient shall we say?
            This morning, I went over to the course to meet up with Coach Cassius to give him the grips he ordered from the States.  On the practice range were the club fitter guys from Custom Clubmakers who were ready to assist you with any of those related needs.  That’s not all! Basically, I felt like a kid in a candy store this morning.  I walked up to the Titleist representative for the Asian Tour. Gave him a little background about myself and how Titleist in the U.S. has been helping me out for a couple years already.  Then he immediately handed me over some Titleist balls and gloves.  I also signed a contract with him stating that with a top 10 finish, you’re eligible for bonuses.  Then I approached the TaylorMade reps who had a bunch of drivers at hand.  Asking for assistance in what driver I should use, they recommended me the TaylorMade Superfast Burner TP.  There’s been so much hype about this white headed driver.  After a few swings with it, I knew why.  Upon telling the reps that I really liked the driver, they handed it to me and said it was mine.
            Wow, what a morning! For noon, I relaxed in Magallanes with the Paras grandparents and Tita Bernie and Tito Dading.  Then in the afternoon I went back to the course to hit a couple more buckets before heading back to Greenhills.

Lexus CT200h, the car I want as a hole in one prize!


            Tomorrow’s tee time 12:55pm.  Check out the website asiantour.com for live scoring and more. What an opportunity this is to play the $300,000 Philippine Open.  I’ll commit myself to shooting the best score I can tomorrow.  Stay in the moment as much as possible and accept whatever comes my way.
            Goodnight!
           


No comments:

Post a Comment