Thursday, December 16, 2010

Canlubang Amateur 1st Round

October 13, 2010

            It was a rough day today folks.  Lets start with the score. I shot an 8 over 80 and consider that a saved round after going 9 over through the first 12 holes.  With pouring rains this morning, I wasn’t able to get much of a warm up in.  Still, I was feeling okay with my game as I walked over to the first tee.  The conditions were wet and soggy.  No roll on the fairways, making the course longer and the rough thicker and nastier.  It was playing more challenging, but still, no excuse to shoot way over par.

It would be difficult to go through the entire round hole per hole.  In a nutshell, I couldn’t seem to find my ball striking today.  I put myself in a lot of tough spots off the tee, only four fairways today, and with the rough so thick; I couldn’t get the ball to the green from those spots.  Missing so many fairways in itself caused most of the bogeys and doubles.
Pouring Rain and yet my teammates still came out to watch
       
    The current leader is at 4 under par, 68, Jobim Carlos, the guy who I tied for low amateur honors last week in the Northwoods PGT event.  While the leader is a bit out of reach at this point, there are still two more rounds to go.  In my mind, catching the lead is not the goal at this point. I’m looking to turn things around tomorrow with my own game.  This tournament is far from lost. I can still take something out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment