Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Empire State in Mind



Last month, May 7th and 8th, I visited New York City for the first time since taking an "official" college visit to Columbia University back in October of 2005. I got in late Friday evening and took a cab from Laguardia to Tito Martin's place in the city.
Over those two days, Tito Martin, Tita Marigin, Sabrina and I walked all over the city. Apple store, Columbus Circle, Ferrari store, Dylan's Candy, and many more. Tito Martin of course cooked the best meals at his house. That Saturday evening, he found a way to stream the Pacquiao fight against Mosley.
On Sunday morning, I got to meet up with my fellow ND graduate Kristin who now works in New York. Upon meeting up in Times Square near her office, we took the train over to this restaurant called Spice Market which served an interested mix of Asian fusion food. That afternoon, it was off to the Gershwin Theater to see a musical I've been wanting to watch: Wicked! I must say, the play really did live up to its hype! Amazing production and amazing talent by the performers.
Then... after meeting up with Martin, Marigin, and Sabrina for a Japanese dinner, it was off to the airport for a flight back to the Philippines. What a weekend! And I have them to thank for their hospitality.

Me and Tito Martin

Sabrina 

Kristin and I in Times Square

Wicked!



No comments:

Post a Comment