Monday, March 12, 2012

ADT Impian Masters 1st and 2nd Round

          Playing the first ADT event of the year in Malaysia, I was more than ready to tee it up after a month of preparation in the Philippines doing mostly short game and a lot of physical fitness.  With ample knowledge gained from a practice round the day prior, I had the confidence to play the layout.  Front nine, and off to a solid 2 under start.  Then on the back 9, I had one hiccup double bogey on the 16th but bounced back nicely with a kick in birdie on the last to finish the round under par.
            The following day, off to another solid start after going one under through 9 holes that included one eagle on a par 5.  On the back nine, the only mishap was a double bogey on the 14th after hitting it out of bounds on the tee shot.  During that moment playing the remaining holes which we quite challenging, it would be easy to lose hope and be out of sorts. But I held it together for the final 4 holes. I made three gutsy pars on 15, 16, and 18.  The birdie try came on the par 5 17th where I left myself with a 6 footer.  A perfect putt that was under-read and made a dive left and lipped out. 
            The 71-73 even par total while not perfect, I thought would make the cut on the number.  The cut, top 50 out of the 144 field, turned out to be 1 under par.  That was a bit of a heart break because whenever you travel and come to any tournament, its your intention to play all 4 rounds not only to cash in a check but to simply play golf for the fun of it.
            A shot short this time but a bittersweet moment since I got word that same day that I was into the field for next week’s Asian Tour event in Cambodia! After our 2nd round, Ryan, Chuck and I would go out for dinner with our caddies who were just as bummed out as we were.  The good thing is, you’ll always get to have another tournament to look forward to.  Taking the positives of the solid shots and putts I made especially down the stretch will definitely benefit for next week’s event in Cambodia.
           Time to keep plugging along!  Learning each step of the way.
Scores through two rounds: http://www.asiantour.com/adt_news.aspx?sid=20120309523919753859



No comments:

Post a Comment