Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Asian Tour Cambodia 2nd Practice Round Day

Today was another fun day on the course. I woke up and walked from my hotel to the host hotel, where the shuttle service was. about a 1km walk on the main road. along the way, I stopped to eat some brunch at a Cambodian restaurant. Chicken curry and fried rice.

Upon reaching the host hotel, off to the course from there.  I talked to the Champs spikes guy who was offering to change spikes, which I gladly accepted. These new spikes have long legs and resemble a spider. According to Paul, the Champs spikes rep, PGA Tour players change their spikes normally every 4 weeks. Last time I had it changed? Never since getting the shoe a year and a half ago. Good thing is, I'll feel the most difference. And I did! Great traction!

Hanging out on the range, I also said hello to the Callaway rep who first told me via email a few days before the event that he had packed up and didn't bring any 2-ball putters.  But he called me that time and said he had one extra that a tour player didn't want. It was the exact same 2-ball putter that I like, the original except with a brand new insert, a Metal-X insert is what they call it. Couldn't have been happier.





Then when it was time to tee it up, I played with Temyo Murakami and Bank Vongvanij who was making the turn to play 9 holes with us.  A friend of mine since our junior golf days in Florida, we got to talk about a lot of stuff from our experiences in the U.S. to where it has brought us now. With his career accomplishments and recent ones on the Asian Tour, 2 top tens in his first two starts, I definitely wanted to see what game he got.  Descent ball striker, nothing to wow you but straight enough. Then good around the greens as well as his putting. Inspiring to know, I personally felt I had everything he had.

It was dinner shortly afterwards upon putting the stuff in the hotel room. A good potato chicken curry meal and spicy friend rice with mixed vegetables with a sprite of course so you don't use their tap water. All for less than $5.

Now at the hotel room, 1:15pm tee time tomorrow, about to call it the night. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment