Thursday, March 8, 2012

ADT Impian Masters Pre-Round


            I’m joyful, happy, and excited to be here in Kuala Lumpur alongside Chuck Hong and Ryan Lam. Really, are those the best adjectives that I could come up with to describe my feelings about traveling to Malaysia and playing the first Asian Developmental Tour event of the year? Literarily speaking, perhaps not, but those adjectives sure are spot on.
            We left Manila via Cebu Pacific last night with a 9pm flight then were greeted in the Kuala Lumpur airport by Liong, my Malaysian caddy who caddied for me in Thailand and his friend.  Its always great to have locals as your friends who can speak the language and take you around.  They literally took care of us as we rode with them from the airport to the hotel to the golf course.  That would be our routine for the rest of the week.
            A big help from Liong was that he knew the course too since he caddied for a player at last year’s event.  Chuck, Ryan, and I went around to check out the course that afternoon and got a good feel of the undulations, slopes and yardages. 
If there’s one thing I forgot to pack, it’s my rain suit! It rains a lot around here at this time of the year according to Liong, in the afternoons in particular.  Looking forward to a fun week ahead! Tee time tomorrow, 9:30am.



No comments:

Post a Comment