Sunday, January 9, 2011

PGT Canlubang 1st and 2nd Round

Written: Nov 25, 2010

2 days are complete at the ICTSI Canlubang Pro Event. The sickness continues to linger with symptoms of fatigue, coughing, colds, and headache. Over the last two days, I have tried to muster the energy to get through the rounds. It has been tough, especially when I felt the cold sweat drip down my shirt as early as I began my warm up session. The good thing was that once I hit that first tee shot on the first day, it was all business from there. The fatigue and sickness, well, that had to take a back seat.

Things started off pretty well early on beginning with a 15 foot birdie on the 1st hole of the day. On the third hole, I holed a 25 footer for the 2nd birdie. On the 6th hole, the 190 yard par 3, I dropped another 25 footer for birdie. Things were looking good at that point. 1under through 8 holes, i faced a par putt of 30 feet on the 9th and guess what, I dropped that putt again. As the wind began to pick up on the back 9, I started to hit it a lot better. 7/9 greens but I only turned in a 1 over 37 for a total of even par 72.
 
This morning, not feeling any better than the previous days, I had to force myself out of bed and onto the course. I figured that all it took was 5 hours of energy to get through the day. Following another quick warmup session, I went direct to the first tee. After a solid drive that found the fairway, I was left with 180 yards and into a howling gust of wind. I went with a 4 iron and pushed it way right of the target leaving a blocked approach to the pin forcing me to play left and 2 putt from 50 feet away.  The next few holes would be steady with consecutive pars leading up to hole 7. On 8 and 9, the putter came to life as I made a 15 footer and a 30 footer to turn in 1 under. Then, a couple lose shots and mistkakes from around the green in the next four holes led to 3 bogeys. 2 over at that point and my tita Bernie, tito Yeyo and Dading came. What a boost that was to see them come out and support. Down the stretch, i'd finish it off at 1 under to shoot a respectable 73 on a challenging course. As expected, that round neither helped me gain nor lose ground. I remained at 10th place overall and still 3 shots off Migo Ochoa who was at 2 under for the tournament. 

Afterwards, my titos and I enjoyed a dinner at the Country Club before they headed back to the city. Health is still not back a 100%, but at least it's looking promising. Tomorrow's another dogfight till the finish line. Let's Go!




putting out to finish the 2nd round

No comments:

Post a Comment