Sunday, January 9, 2011

Philippine Open 1st Round Pre-game


Written: Dec 15, 2010 

I'm driving over to Valley Golf right now for the first round of the Philippine Open. My last blog was a week and a half ago from Guangzhou when the China Amateur ended. In between then and now, I've still been on a busy schedule practicing everyday, going to Christmas parties including our golf team's, and catching up with family and friends.


Good news as well, I also had my computer fixed, finally! The letters L and O have stopped working for more than a month now rendering my computer pretty much useless during that stretch. Because of it, I've been blogging by typing on my phone and saving these posts on Notes app. The good thing about spending the last week and a half golfing and doing all that other stuff is that I'm tournament hungry again. The itch to compete is back and especially for this week, which is pretty much the major on the Philippine pro circuit. I've actually been working overtime on my golf game trying to crease out some of the kinks and inconsistencies. 


The homework is done, I put the repetition in, the swing thoughts in check, and by now, it's time to play with what I've got and put the scores in. I'm particularly excited about the Philippine Open being played in Valley Golf as this course demands extreme accuracy off the tee. This course is like the Harbour Town of the local tour. Moreover, it's going to require a good short iron game since the course plays just a bit under 7,000. The greens once again, like basically all courses in the Philippines aside from The Country Club, are not up to par. It's bumpy, sandy, and slow. Quick adjustments are key. 


We're here already! Time to get at it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment