Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cars Cars Cars


              Enough with the golf talk. This time I'd like to share with you another one of my hobbies which is: Cars!  Perhaps it may have been the early influence from my uncles to watch Formula One racing that sparked my first interests in cars and in speed.  From there, my interest grew from racing and spilled onto cars.  I remember when I was about seven years old wanting to collect all those model Ferrari cars from the Shell gas station.  I eventually collected a whole lot more during the subsequent years.  Another milestone in my racing and cars obsession was the day I could drive and get my license.  At 16, my parents handed me the keys to that car below. That was 7 years ago and to this day, I still treat that car with the utmost care.  It's like my baby and I'll forever be appreciative to my mom and dad.

2004 picture of the then-brand new BMW X3 3.0

              Now that I live in the Philippines and away from the BMW family garage in Florida and not owning a car, that itch to find cars online or check out cars on the road is back.  It's like I guess, if you don't have a wife, then you're constantly out hunting sizing up the different brands and models for what you like and what you have a shot at attaining.  Did I really just use that analogy? anyway...  So here's a list of cars and links to their websites that I've been looking at:

             My number one pick right now would be the Lexus CT 200h.  It's a new line in the Lexus brand and it seems to hit the right spot for what I'm looking in a car.  Great gas mileage (I hear it gets 25k to a liter), small but large enough to fit a golf bag, compact, nimble, new model and hey, how could you go wrong with a Lexus? It's a luxury brand!



Here's a link about the Lexus CT200h from a Philippine Magazine:

             Then there's another car that's caught my attention: The BMW 1 Series. (BMW 118d).  Again, it impresses me because it compact, small, good gas mileage, and since its a BMW, it must be an ultimate driving machine!  With car prices so expensive in the Philippines, this is the most affordable BMW luxury car.

Link to a BMW 1 Series magazine review:


2012 BMW 1 Series
             So there you have it, my two dream cars for the Philippines.  But wait, there are other cars on my prospect list.

            The Subaru Impreza hatchback, which seems to be on the same line as the Lexus CT and the BMW 1 Series. Here's a link to the price list. A much more affordable choice than the BMW and Lexus cars.


Subaru Impreza hatchback
              Last but not least, there's the Ford line. What interests me are the Ford Focus and the Ford Fiesta. Here's the price list: http://www.ford.com.ph/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1137383216945&pagename=Page&c=DFYPage&site=FPH
Ford Focus
Ford Fiesta

               As a car enthusiast, its fun just looking at these cars and salivating.  As to whether one of these cars will make it to my garage remains to be seen.
               I hope ya'll enjoyed this blog post on cars for a change rather than the usual golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment