Wednesday, July 27, 2011

PGT Bacolod 2nd Round


Written: July 14, 2011          

            Having gotten good rest the night before and two rounds in prior to this second round, I thought I was prepared to take on the course.  Like last week, I got hit with an early blow with a double bogey on the par 5 2nd hole as I walked up and missed a tap in bogey putt from literally a foot away.  It was very reminiscent of last week’s mishap in Malaysia’s Negeri Masters when I double bogeyed hole number 2 of the second round.  That’s when things went array as I tumbled down to ultimately miss the cut by a shot.
            This time would prove different.  The best cure was to let it be, move on and stay calm.  That attitude, along with some good ball striking led me to isolate the bad hole and finish with a 72.
            With one more round to go and currently at 13th place, I feel confident that I can sneak into the top ten with a solid round as well as a solid mental attitude.  Time to enjoy another night in Bacolod with the guys. So long!


No comments:

Post a Comment