Wednesday, July 27, 2011

PGT Iloilo 2nd Round

Written: July 21, 2011
            After spending the night and getting some good sleep in Smallville Hotel, it was time to checkout again and pack up our bags.  Onto the course for brunch then teed off on hole 10 at 10:45am.  Hole 10 is a 168 yard par 3.  With no driving range for a warmup, boy did I really use that first tee shot to crack my back and get me going.  I pulled it way left and over the green enroute to one of my two bogeys for the day.
            From there, I seemed to feel it out well throughout the day.  Even par on my first nine with 2 bogeys and 2 birdies.  Then on the second nine, I made two birdies and no bogeys for a clean 2 under 68.  That round jumped me from 24th position into a tie for 7th.
            Tomorrow, I’ll be teeing it up at 8:50am, 3rd to the last pairing.  I’m feeling so confident about my game right now that I know I don’t even have to play flawless golf to pick up a good finish.
            Jay Bayron leads at -7 then second place is at -2.  Another day tomorrow, another challenge.  Gotta love it!
Tricycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment