Wednesday, July 27, 2011

PGT Iloilo 1st Round

Written: July 20, 2011       
        Without a driving range and only a small putting green, no one in the field feels quite ready when its time to tee it up.  With adequate stretching and a couple full swings, I was able to hit a really solid drive on the first hole.  It felt good to get things started that way.  After remaining at even par through 8 holes, trouble started on hole 9 when I flew my second shot over the green enroute to a double bogey.  Similar misfortune befell upon me on hole 10 where I actually did well to save bogey.  Three over in an instant after 10 holes.  Good thing I was able to par out and roll in one in the last hole for a birdie to stay in the mix with a two over par 72.
            Finishing early at around 11am, my dad and I took a taxi this time to head to the city which is about 20 minutes away.  There are more choices of hotels and restaurants in the area.  We ended up finding this hotel some of the pros were recommending called Smallville Hotel.  We basically bummed out the entire afternoon then went to dinner in the evening to try Iloilo’s famous Bachoy recipes.  Upon returning to the hotel, more bum time as we watched movies on tv.
            Tomorrow, late tee time at 10:45am.  Two rounds on this tricky course should be enough to really figure it out. We’ll see how round 2 goes. 
Upgrade

Smallville Hotel after the 1st Round

No comments:

Post a Comment