Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday Qualifier for Negeri Sembilan Masters


Written: July 5, 2011           

          Happy 4th of July!  Before writing this, I saw a status of my Canadian friend saying: Happy 5th of July for all my American friends.  I just thought it was pretty funny.  Last year I was spending the 4th of July the American way back in Decatur, Alabama.  Hotdogs and burgers on the house porch with the Nixons and a fireworks show in the pier with the boys Josh, Connor, and Jeremy.  One year later and across the world, I find myself in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.  What hasn’t changed is the game.  Its still golf and its still all about one thing: getting the ball in the hole in the fewest number of strokes.  One year later however, I feel like I’ve come a long way in doing just that.  With hard work, sweat, and adjustments in the mental and physical game has allowed me to make some progress.
            Earlier was a Monday qualifier as I mentioned in my previous blog.  18 hole shootout with 80+ players for 20 spots.  The odds were more favorable than some of the qualifiers I’ve played in the past.  Nonetheless, it’s all about performance and its you against the course.  With Tonyt Fernando’s help as a caddy for the day, things went just as planned.  A smooth one under par 71 was the final result.  3 birdies and 2 bogeys.  I hit the ball very good from beginning to end especially off the tee.  It’s one of those courses where if you get it in play off the tee, it makes things a whole lot easier. 
Upon finishing with the round, Tonyt, Ton and I had a nice lunch in the clubhouse before heading back to the hotel where we showered and immediately headed to the mall to eat, play arcade games, and watch Transformers in 3D.  Not a bad life I’d say.  Back at the hotel and there’s finally internet so I can post blog, write messages, and stay in touch with the world.  Tuesday’s a rest day then Wednesday is the official practice round.
            Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment